Well I got some crummy news today; my boat won't be going to Hawaii as soon as originally planned. It'll be staying in Virginia for 2 deployments and then changing homeport. So I won't see Hawaii.

I'm sort of bummed because I didn't really want to stay here, but now I'm thinking about getting my truck out here to do the drive train swap that I want.

Few different ways I could go about doing this, getting it shipped, driving it as is (which I'd have to do some minor things to it, like lights), or buying the truck I want to use as a donor and then tow it here.

I'm in no rush, just putting this out there. Bummed but maybe this will be the silver lining. I definitely think I could get it driving with the new drive train in the 2-3 years I'd be left here.

Let me know what you guys think, maybe I'll have more updates soon.


1947 Chevy 2-Ton Flatbed with Dump
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures