| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (55shaker, 1955 1 Series, BC59, 3800GUY, RaNfLaS, tclederman, Otto Skorzeny, wilbur53, FAST55),
156
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,104 Posts1,056,201 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 183 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2003 Posts: 183 | I read an article in Vintage Truck magazine where the owner used a roller to apply clear coat to the old paint on his old truck. I'd like to try this on my 52 Chevy truck. Its paint job is about 25 years old and looks pretty good from 20 feet away. My problem is that the truck sits outside in warm weather and the paint chalks a lot. I'm getting tired of spending hours using a cleaner/ wax to get the shine back. I am hoping some clear coat would stop the chalking and protect the paint. Can anyone recommend a clear coat I could apply with a roller or brush that wouldn't look like it was applied with a roller or brush?
My dad always told me, "Don't force it, get a bigger hammer".
| | |
| |
| |