Been lurking around here since about September of 2015 when one of my bad habits got me, I pulled in another stray! A family friend who I've worked for in the past builds hot rods out of 41-46 Chevy trucks and when he was given this truck which he didn't know what to do with I asked if I could drag it home. I think you know how that conversation went! So home came a '46 Chevy 2 ton dump truck with a lot of rust, a very stuck engine, frozen brake (later to find out it was a broken brake spring), and a gas tank which had leaked out probably the nastiest smelling gas that I have ever smelled, and I've seen a lot of bad gas!

The truck came about a week before I had to leave for my last term at college (I'm a mechanical engineer), so it sat at my parents for a few months while I was away. Upon my return, and after getting a bunch of other folks projects out of the way the truck got moved out to the front yard into the "Parking Spot of Shame," where it started to come apart. First thing was a heart transplant. The truck came with a stuck '56 235 and I replaced it with another '56 235 from my friends '59 which has now received a big block. A quick pressure washing and rattle bomb and into the truck it went!

With the engine in and running it was time to address the brakes. I used factory brakes at the wheels, but modified the brake system on the master side. For more on that, look in the big bolt section!

From there it was a new wiring harness from painless and some other little things that aren't really done, but it goes down the road anyways! I've had a chance to do a little dirt moving with it and I'm pretty sure it's just as slow loaded as it is unloaded!! Either way, it's a fun truck, I've learned a lot, and I get to drive a part of history. I'll try to keep y'all updated from time to time, but between work and all the project vehicles ('46 Chevy Dump, '68 BSA bike, '76 BMW 2002, '86 Chevy K20, and '93 S10,) I don't get a lot of computer time.

Here is a link to everyone's favorite, PHOTOS!!
https://goo.gl/photos/RZqdb4sSDLedh8Ka6


-Nathan

1946 Chevy 2 Ton Dump
-Rusty, crusty, and get plenty of engine out services!