bartamos,

You are correct about the straight SAE 1/2-20 threads! I just went out to the garage and found a 1/2-20 hex nut. Bingo! You are also correct in how a flared tube seals. I do want to get a couple of barbed brass hose fittings that accept a flared tube fitting, so now at least you helped me figure out the correct type of threads I need to specify. There is a Fastenal here in town and I can order these parts from them. Ordered a new shut off gas tank valve and hope it fits. Hard to tell right now about the NPT threads in the tank outlet, but I think your guess is probably correct.

Want to solve all gasoline leaking issues! Right now its the tank valve that is giving me issues.


"Lucille" ..... Proud Member of the "Southern Stovebolts"

David Wolff
1946 Chevy 1/2-ton
In the Gallery