and I think I've lost my mind...
Good evening everyone -
It is with nervous excitement and trepidation that I come and introduce myself. What started as an innocent comment at a local festival by my wife to my brother-in-law, "I've always wanted an old truck like that." has led to a 1948 Chevy Loadmaster 6400 sitting out by the shop. It's not like we don't have three teenagers (one in college and two in high school), a family business and my corporate job, church and family to keep us busy. We thought it'd be fun to add something else like this into the mix...

Seriously, we love fixing up old stuff. Our first house was 128 years old with no walls, plumbing or electricity so this is par for the course. We'd like to introduce our new 68 year old baby to you folks!
And here is the whole story in pictures! Today I made the first step, I dropped the radiator off at the radiator shop as well as the fuel tank. The first good news is that the fuel tank has too much rust damage to repair so now I will add that to the official list of things to buy. The truck was running when it was parked 10 years ago. I know that's always the story but I know the seller and he can be trusted. (It's my brother-in-law's father. See how that happened....)
Anyway, we look forward to a rewarding journey of getting the beauty back on the road. Plans are to make her road-worthy but not a full restoration. I'd like to put a stakeside bed on it when I get things squared away mechanically.
Always welcome any directions on parts providers and tips and techniques we might find handy. I am thinking my 17 y/o son and 16 y/o daughter still at home will come in handy too.
Micah
-comfortably south of Atlanta, GA