| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,313 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2016 Posts: 17 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2016 Posts: 17 | I rebuilt the door hinges on my '51 3600. 3 were original to my truck and one was a used hinge I purchased from a forum member. He threw in a pair of new springs he didn't need. Rebuilding went as expected with the usual struggle to remove the old pins. Now with new oversized pins, no play in the hinges. However the hinge with the new springs flops about 15 degrees from the closed position toward open position. Hold the door member and the cab member just flops that 15 degrees. Springs look as if they'd fall out on their own, but they don't. Can't see that I've done anything wrong but something's not right. Suggestions before I take it back apart? | | |
| |
| |