Hi all, I didn't mean to open a can of worms. Thanks to all for your help, I'm looking forward to running this engine in properly.

This engine is a 216, and I suppose some would question the wisdom of rebuilding a 216. The guy I bought it from was a farmer who had it done as a spare for his classic truck. However, after 10 years of sitting on his shop floor he realized it will go to waste if not installed. So I gave him $450 and he recovered some of his money for the rebuild.

It appears to be done properly. There is a tag on it telling me where the pistons came from, size of bore (0.040 over), and size of main bearings (0.030 over I think?). I would guess they replaced the cam and lifters.

I don't have a speedometer so I will have to guess at 50 mph. Like 2000 rpms, I suspect the speed isn't critical. From Jerry, I understand the intent is to get a load on it so the rings seat properly.