HI Stovebolters

I am currently debating on switching my current 1985 K5 Chevy Blazer rear end with 4.10 gears with a more modern Chevy Colorado rear end with 3.42 gears in it.

With the 4.10's hooked behind the current stock 4 speed (sm420 ?? I think) my first gear is a granny gear....second gear is like a normal 1 st gear and 3rd and 4th gears are like the normal 2nd and 3rd gear is in today vehicles. I know from a high end aspect the the lower the number in the rear end will result in a higher top end with lower rpm's in the end.

So will the 3.42's make the 1st and 2nd gear's a little more user friendly??? or will it make harder to use???

Any insight would be a wonderful thing.

MikeC


1951 Chevy 3800 1-Ton
Howard Knapp
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1948 Chevy 1-Ton (sold Nov 2017)
1953 Chevy 1-Ton (sold 10/1/2016)