I have a '58 3200 that I am reassembling. It was not complete when I bought the truck. I have the Factory Assembly Manual and can't find a couple of firewall holes. I have looked online and found other pictures of the holes but never with anything in them. I was hoping someone could shed a little light on what belongs in these mystery holes.
Here is a picture of the first set of holes (not my truck but the holes are the same).
The top hole (circled in red) had a rubber grommet in it like there was a cable going through it. The three lower holes (circled in green) had a small bracket mounted to it that also seems to clamp a cable to it. The alignment of the upper hole and the bracket seem like they would be perfect for the speedometer cable but in the Assembly Manual the cable is routed another direction.
Here is a picture of the second set of holes.
I have no clue on these ones. It looks like the dimmer switch holes but right next to the ballast resistor. There is no punch out in the inner firewall cover for these holes.
Any help on these is very greatly appreciated.
Chad