I drilled the correct size hole in the end of the bushing that was already in the tube, threaded it 10-24, screwed a 10-24 sockethead capscrew in it, and used my slide hammer gently, and the old bushing came right out. I saw no way to slide/install/stick anything beyond the bushing to get the old one out. There's hardly any room between it and the prop shaft to get anything with any leverage up in there. I did see the removal tool offered, but I'm all about innovation. I had no slop or slack in what was already in the tube, but I'm doing a complete restore, and I sure didn't want to have to pull all of this apart down the road to repair a leak or a vibration when I have the entire rear end out from under the truck sitting on stands where I can get to it.

Mike


Mike

1951 3100 5 window