Ambulance-chasing lawyers just love it when they can prove somebody knew a part was wrong, and used it anyway. One incident I recall with an aftermarket air brake slack adjuster on a Freightliner tractor caused J. Crewe to lose a trailer load of merchandise when a drive axle hub caught fire. The trailer had 3 MILLION DOLLARS worth of cargo in it. The lawsuits were epic over that one! I was scheduled to testify in a 3-day trial in Orlando Florida, but after re-reading my inspection report, somebody's insurance company decided to settle the claim. I don't think they wanted me on the witness stand!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!