Well put Curt. I had forgotten about what the engineering features booklet had to say about inner bars. But I still think waldorf white is correct. I have looked at a lot of original grilles, and I see white, not gray. The white is always yellowed, but I think that is just from exposure to the elements. I disassembled my original grille, and the area on the inner bars that was protected by the outer bars was still white.

I ended up just using white paint on my inner bars. I took those dulux numbers to a dupont paint jobber, those numbers had no results on his computer. The jobber even called dupont for me, and the guy he talked with said he thought waldorf white was changed to "texas ivory". So I had some made up. No way I would have such a disgusting color put on my truck. I would never call that any shade of white.