Sometime in December I had mentioned how my t5 performed with what I believed to be a 5:14 rear end.
Well I recently pulled the 3rd member to find out what all the whining was about and upon counting the revolutions of the pinion verses the crown gears I came up with a 5:38 ratio.
I could see no obvious problems so I took it to a rear end specialist who could find no issues other then some minor preload adjustments ,and he too said it was a 5:38
Doing a little research on the interweb I found little mention of this ratio other then to say it was od ball !
I will reinstall this rear end and see if the adjustments eliminate the whine, the rear end guy suggested it might be the nature of the beast given the ratio and the rev's its turning when I break the 50 MPH mark.
The 4:10 gears I had planned to install apparently had been stored out side and the bearings and races were pouched and to expensive to replace.I am now searching for a 4:56 or a true 5:14 , so if there is anybody in the TORONTO CANADA are with one to sell please post on this sight.