| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
149
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,619 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 71 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2001 Posts: 71 | What is the difference between epoxy primers and self-etching? I told my paint supply place what I wanted my primer to do, and he said I need a self-etching and a primer surfacer. The self-etching can go over bondo, but I can't put bondo over the self-etching. If the primer surfacer is 2k? (3 parts), what does the etching primer do? Also, I have another piece I used just the self-etching (didnt need surfacer) and I'm not sure if I can paint directly on top of it (it's been weeks).
Also, I'm about to spray clearcoat over my metallic paint. Anyone have any suggestions/tips on how to do it? I think I wait the flash time then spray the clear after spraying the paint. I was told by an Dupont rep. that I should then later buff the clear with a 3M yellow buffing pad. thank for any help!
'53 Chevy truck 1/2 ton
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
clearcoats, primers - epoxy, primer surfacer, self-etching
| kevmor99 | 11/18/2001 2:16 AM |
Re: clearcoats, primers - epoxy, primer surfacer, self-etching
| MARTINSR | 11/18/2001 7:46 AM |
Re: clearcoats, primers - epoxy, primer surfacer, self-etching
| MARTINSR | 11/18/2001 7:50 AM |
Re: clearcoats, primers - epoxy, primer surfacer, self-etching
| kevmor99 | 11/18/2001 6:55 PM |
Re: clearcoats, primers - epoxy, primer surfacer, self-etching
| kevmor99 | 11/18/2001 7:30 PM |
Re: clearcoats, primers - epoxy, primer surfacer, self-etching
| John Hoffmann | 12/01/2008 2:03 AM | |
| |
| |