Hey all,

As with some of the other posts that i've read, I'm considering doing a bit of a fix and drive, instead of starting to tear her down. I would like to experience the 'stock' drive to see if I really want to make any upgrades. One of the things to consider is the requirements of the Ontario gov't. I was wondering if anyone had any documentation as far as a previous safety or safety check experience that they'd like to share? I'm assuming I will need to over-haul the brakes and ensure the lights are functional, but will I need to add more tail lights? Some kind of a rear_wheel cover? (just cab and frame) What about a cracked windshield?

This is my first antique vehicle, so i'm not clear on what can stay original and what needs to be upgraded.

Thanks!


1948 Chevy Thriftmaster 3/4-Ton
Poncho "farming" in Ontario
Starting in the DITY
Continuing in the Project Journals
More images

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.