I used an Accuspray 2-stage turbine HVLP auto refinish system on my 1954 Suburban (PPG single stage DDC Urethane finish). I am told that the results are superb.

I chose a turbine system because I did not have a large compressor and did not want to spend a lot of money on air drying apparati. I had no money invested in a compressor, air drying system, and paint guns/equipment.

The money I saved on paint, using an HVLP system, paid for for the Accurspray set-up. I chose Accuspray (23K) because of the reviews about its spray gun (and the fact that the gun is a non-bleed type). For my next paint job, I will purchase an Isaac gravity-feed non-bleed gun for priming.

I bought the system from Compliant Spray Systems .

Here is some general information about HVLP painting systems .

Advice/Warning: if you will be using Epoxy or Urethane paint, buy/borrow/rent an air-fed "spacesuit" to cover every part of your body and to provide you with fresh air for breathing. These materials are dangerous.

Tim