I just got done cutting the side grooves on my wood floor boards (red oak) for my 62 chev truck. What should i cover the boards in? I looked at "outdoor" varathane (Diamond wood finish) and it looks like it would be good stuff. I just want a clear finish, i do not want to stain or change the colour of the boards. Any info would be greatly appreciated. P.S. the site
http://www.gmcpauls.com/47-72%20BedWood%20Info.htm where it shows the end view of the boards, the dimentions of the grooves and widths seem inacurate to me for 60-66 trucks anyways. The lower cut does not have to be that deep and the whole width of the shallow cut does not have to be that wide. But it all depsnds on how much gap you leave between the boards etc. I suggest betting a few scrap boards and making some practice cuts first to determ how much space ya want between boards then make your groove cuts according to that.