Hello Everyone! My name is Mark and I am in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This past Saturday I purchased my second Stovebolt, although, this is the first one I have owned in 23 years.
My find was a 1954 6400 with a dump bed, as I learn this website I will post photos. The truck was last licensed in 2012, so it was lasst used not too long ago. The previous owner was using it to pull a Cat D4 dozer.
My plan for the truck is to use it as a dump truck/daily driver. I plan to fully restore the interior and make the vehicle mechanically sound. I plan to leave the outside as is with the surface rust showing. The body is super straight, although I feel there is really just too much of the trucks life shown in the body to get rid of it. Examples, there is a spot where someone sat a gallon paint can it left the ring of paint and also looks like someone hung a part over one of the fender turn indicator lamps and spay painted it, show the over spray from the part is there. Which to me gives it so much character.
I will learn this forum fairly quickly and keep everyone posted as I go and what I find and troubles I encounter...I hope to get the engine rotating today.
Also, someone had replaced the 261 c.i. with a 292 c.i.best as I can cell in the later 1970's.
Thanks so much in advance,
Mark