| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,695 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2016 Posts: 6 | The original engine had a bad main bearing and cracked block. I was gifted a nicer already machined 31 block with bell housing. I believe that the 31 bell housing and mounts will slip into the chassis without issue but the 29 4 speed transmission will obviously not mount to the 31 bell housing.
I don't know if a 1931 4 speed will solve my issue or if I'd need to continue changing bits and pieces back to the axel :-(
I am still contemplating working with the 29 block. | | |
| |
| |