Sean,

Welcome to the Stovebolt wave

I did exactly what your doing...see my truck on the Stovebolt Home page this month. All of the modifications are bolt-in, I didn't butcher anything so the next guy could but it back 100% stock if desired.

I installed a 350 sbc with a Saginaw 4-speed and a 1981 Trans-Am 2.73 rear. I used the T&F Shifter to put the gear shift lever in the stock 4-speed location. I also added power rack and pinion steering that's bolted to the straight axle and put a Panel/Suburban front sway bar on. I have front disc brakes with a dual pot MC under the floor with a remote fill resivoir on the firewall.

My truck looks stock as long as I keep the hood down (except for the AC ducts hanging under the dash and the wheels/tires).

Ask away...

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD