My suggestion would be to buy a modern truck to use in your business. In Texas, a one ton with a gooseneck is the most feasible way to haul around 12k.
This old Emeryville weighs around 16,000 and I hardly noticed her back there.
I prefer 17.5 singles over 16" duals.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/1126369...1958631618&oid=112636930370126476644I would leave the old truck intact and use it for advertising the way it is. If you do all the modifications yourself, you won't have time to run your business. If you have it done, it will be cheaper to buy a brand new truck. I operated trucks when 1950 models were still used every day. And we fixed something every day. And it was simpler then. We could go to any parts house and buy parts. Now if something breaks, you may well be stuck for quite a while hunting parts. I now own over a dozen old GMCs, but I realize that they are just toys these days
I recently jokingly posted on Facebook that someone parked my old 1950 520 in the ready line, but I realize that it has been obsolete as trying to make a buck with it for over half a century.
https://plus.google.com/11263693037...7132714818&oid=112636930370126476644