Thanks to a lot of help here I am ready to start driving and using my 59 2 ton. I do have a couple of questions. My truck has dayton style wheels with drum brakes that took me most of last summer to sort out. I have them working but I am not sure how long they will stay given the master cylinder is obsolete and I just honed it and installed a kit. My goal is to upgrade to a 2 stage master, a modern style setup. Most of those type of conversions are are for smaller trucks. I have seen some of the guys here have done this but I need to know what parts I need to do this on my truck.
One other question is about the drum brakes. Should I be concerned with them or should I upgrade to disks. And are disk brakes even possible with dayton style spoke wheels. I am not concerned about originality as much as safety and reliability when it comes to the running gear. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Any help is appreciated.
Gene