| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,122 Posts1,056,331 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2015 Posts: 6 | Hello everyone! I have a 235 that developed a miss this weekend. I looked at ignition first but all plugs and wires are functioning properly. I pulled valve cover found #4 intake pushrod bent at top right under adjusting screw. Also had 0 compression on said Cyl. pulled head to find that head gasket between #4and #5 gone. Has anyone ever had this problem. Taking head to machine shop to have # 4 valves looked at and to see if head is straight. Block will be straight edged when cleaned. Truck sat for 10+ years previous owner pull started the heck out of it in 1st gear thought it was seized. It WAS NOT!!! I have read that pushrods bend when valves stick from non use. I think this is a previous issue not related to miss. There is no evidence of gasket in intake valve seat that I can see. No marks on piston or valve or on the head that I can tell that there was no interference. I am going to put new gasket set, pushrods, and if head is straight put back together. Please any suggestions would be great if I am missing something. My engine SN is F418B. That is behind the Distributer, and that's all the numbers. Block casting says its a 235 head casting is 3836848 block is 3837004 engine SN could also be F4I8B it looks like an I however I think it's a 1 Sorry so long winded thanks for looking and Responding Jim Hester | | |
| |
| |