Can someone please help interpret and confirm if the Eaton H-072 rear axle as used in the single and the dual wheel 1 ton AD trucks (47-54) are the same or not?
Specs from shop manual on this (and other) axles.

I'm thinking same because if any difference it'd likely be in hub, drum, and overall width. Excepting a possible difference in stud length for one or two wheels.
The 1 ton GMC is approximately model 250.. I haven't yet made sense of the model numbers, adaptations, preceding letters, following numbers, and how to interpret all that in the parts book.

Rear drums, 14x2.5" parts catalog PICTURE I don't see any differentiation for single or dual wheel truck?
Rear hubs parts catalog PICTURE part 2059324 note says "with standard axle & dual wheels".

Finally, complete axle listing in the parts book PICTURE
Axle part number 3693825 fits 18 X 5.00" 8 stud wheel "same as STD axle except wheel bolts".
Standard axle is 3693800.

So if I'm reading all that correctly if the AD 1 ton truck had single or dual wheels the rear axle complete including brakes and hubs are all the very same parts with exception of the wheel stud length?

To add to the above I had measured my old 52 1 ton single wheel axle to be 62-5/8" wide and the 51 GMC dual wheel axle recently measured at 62-7/8" So pretty much the same Wheel Mounting Surface to "WMS" measurements.

Grigg



•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-