Not really. There is no sliding anything in place with the aftermarket patch panels. What I do is see just how much of the replacement panel I need and how successful I am at getting all of the spotwelds, etc loose. If you really take your time it could be easy to just replace it, but somehow I always run into problems that require some cutting of the replacement panel.

Do one at a time, or go ahead and put an X in the doorway with some 1" tubing or something. It's not hard to tack it in. Be strategic how you do it so you can get in there to weld! I am not sure how others feel, but putting the floor panel in first is probably a better way to go. That way the under floor support is preserved. You never know what you are going to find behind things. I ended up on one project having to remove everything below the floor and reconstruct it all.


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet