Here's what I think I've figured out. The Spicer 23 transfer case came in an "A" model and a "B" model. The "A" will accept a rear PTO whereas the B will not. For the "A" case the rear attachment point is a 5 bolt pattern whereas the B is a 4 bolt pattern. I have not found any PTOs which will match a 4 bolt pattern, they all seem to be 5. Having said that I saw a rear mount PTO for T223 Rockwell out on eBay. Here's a link. Not sure how much difference there is between the 221 and the 223. Somebody over at the Binder Planet forum would know, its the IHC forum.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151736780330?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hope this helps, there's very little information out there, one lands up trying to tie pieces together from various forums and manuals. Do you have the NAPCO manual that shows the PTO?