The right side exhaust manifold on my 69 Pontiac 400 engine in my truck had a crack length wise across from the Siamese center exhaust port. It was cracked when I bought the truck two years ago. I had the manifold brazed and it held up till now. A few weeks ago on a 100deg+ day I got stuck in stop and go traffic for over 30 mins, the engine got hotter than I have ever seen before, probably 200 deg. The manifold cracked again and most of the brazing popped off. It seems these manifolds are like chicken teeth, but I finally found one, on ebay, from a '68 that did fit OK. Truck is up and running again, like new. My question is, I would like to have the cracked one repaired, and heard that welding with cast iron rod, after heating manifold in a oven is the best way to go?