So as a newbie (non-mechanic)straight 6 owner - I did a dumb thing. Ran the truck with the choke 1/2 out for the last year (not a lot of miles mind you). Anyhow, she started running like a tractor and turns out - of course - I built a bunch of carbon up in the engine. Had a friend come over, clean the plugs, adjust the idle (which is perfect now, choke all the way in which would stall if before) and I replaced the cracked distributor cap. It still runs like a tractor in 2nd & third.
1) will have him come back & adjust the timing which hopefully does the trick to get her running good. I need to drive her to winter storage soon.
2) any other suggestions to tune her up / check before she goes into storage and clean up my rookie mistake?
I may not know but am eager to learn just need the Sesame Street version of explanations due to my lack of experience.......thanks

Last edited by KimD; 09/28/2015 5:38 PM.

58 Apache Fleetside