Hi All,
I've plumbed my Fram remote filter and have checked for leaks and flow to the overhead (drill driven oil pump - engine not installed/running yet). No leaks and confirmed oil flow to the filter.
I want to make sure that it is plumbed correctly before the engine is firing. I've seen a Fram installation sheet (not sure who linked to it), and it indicates the use of a #35 restrictor in the inlet line. I don't have this piece.
I've tried unsuccessfully to find some posts on the need for this restrictor and it's size. I think there was a note that the 1/16" hole in the center pipe of the canister acts as the orifice, but need to confirm.
Can anyone confirm the need or the lack of need for this restrictor? And if it is needed, does anyone know where one can be purchased?
Thanks in advance for the help.
Bill