Hi everyone, did a quick search but didn't find an answer. For the external oil lines, 54-235-car motor, where does each hook up to the filter? Forward most line to the bottom of the canister, rear line to the side of the canister? or vice-versa? What direction does the oil flow?
Here is the problem, I rebuilt the motor last year. did the break in oil change, no problem. The next oil change, my oil filter has many the fibers in it pushing out of the holes to the exterior of the canister. it looked like the filter needed a shave. I check and it seems as if the oil is coming out of the line in the side of the canister first. Put it back together and put another 1K miles on it and this filter looks the same way. Oil pressure is good on the gague, and I have about 2K on the rebuild without any problems. Did I put something together wrong inside the engine?
I am planning a 700 mile trip in a couple of weeks so I want to verify that it is ok.
Thanks.
(I do have pics of the fuzzy oil filter, just no hosting so I can email it if needed)