| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Tronman),
60
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,310 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 97 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 97 | I started using Rust-oleum's 'Rust Reformer' a little over a year ago. I get it at Wally's world. This is not an advertisement for them but I have found it to be user friendly as it is cleaned up with water. They recommend scraping loose stuff first, and I do and like Carl especially with wire brushes, then clean it [I use 'purple power' and rinse it really, really well with water]. After everything is dry I then put on the RR and then re-coat with rust-oleum black or rattle can. They recommend waiting three days before using lacquer or aerosol paints. On some of the hidden parts that don't really need a top coat I use a 2nd coat of RR [they recommend that as well]. I realize many painting purists will cringe when they read this but I have found it to be a fine product. Funny, I have yet to run into anyone else who uses it. We live on a small farm with the usual rust in Louisiana and are constantly battling humidity, etc on metal - stored or sitting out in the weather. BTW-I did a lot of homework and small projects to establish that this is good stuff. Is my check in the mail Rust-oleum?
Lane
sweetpealane
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
Paint/coating recommendation for leaf springs, axles, diff
| raleigh58 | 06/10/2015 6:20 PM |
Re: Paint/coating recommendation for leaf springs, axles, diff
| Achipmunk | 06/11/2015 4:11 AM |
Re: Paint/coating recommendation for leaf springs, axles, diff
| raleigh58 | 06/12/2015 3:25 PM |
Re: Paint/coating recommendation for leaf springs, axles, diff
| Harold41 | 06/14/2015 2:56 AM |
Re: Paint/coating recommendation for leaf springs, axles, diff
| raleigh58 | 06/15/2015 2:13 PM |
Re: Paint/coating recommendation for leaf springs, axles, diff
| DennisM | 06/15/2015 2:21 PM |
Re: Paint/coating recommendation for leaf springs, axles, diff
| raleigh58 | 06/15/2015 2:39 PM |
Re: Paint/coating recommendation for leaf springs, axles, diff
| Tiny_Jaime | 06/30/2015 9:22 AM |
Re: Paint/coating recommendation for leaf springs, axles, diff
| 52Carl | 07/01/2015 2:25 AM |
Re: Paint/coating recommendation for leaf springs, axles, diff
| sweetpealane | 07/01/2015 10:11 PM |
Re: Paint/coating recommendation for leaf springs, axles, diff
| sweetpealane | 07/01/2015 10:28 PM | |
| |
| |