Originally Posted by Hotrod Lincoln
One nice swap I saw a few years ago involved a Jaguar twin-cam 3.8 Liter inline six in a 53 Chevy pickup.

That's one I originally considered Jerry,ironically Jag motors are more common here than small block Chevys.
You can buy a complete XJ donor vehicle for a few hundred bucks/pounds,the only downside is the RHD steering rack.

The Jag straight six can easily produce as much HP as a decent small block if it's built properly too.

Paul Moffat (moff1959) here on the Stovebolt shoehorned a Jag V12 into his '40.
Now that IS different.

I never got round to measuring one up but I imagine the Jag six will fit if you say you've seen one.
Even better you can use all the running gear so it will handle more like a Jag,rather than a truck.

Last edited by jockbolter50; 05/04/2015 10:57 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.