Ok, I know this sounds argumentative, but I really don't mean it that way. Those that say it's not a good idea, has anyone actually ever tried it? I have a lot of money in this block, it's been machined for bearing guides and it's all to spec. If something happened, I don't know if I'd have the cash to do it over anytime soon. My dad has been a mechanic his whole life, but mostly on construction equipment (he started as an airplane mechanic). As anyone who does that work knows, you have to be very good at figuring out how to make something work with what you've got. You can't just go get new parts all the time when you're in the field. My dad was very good at his job, so I just want to make sure I give him as much information as I can.


'53 Chevy 3604 Five Window Cab ('56 235)