| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (TUTS 59, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, Gray_Ghost, Jon G, Rick Brown, Wally / Montana),
98
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,594 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 21 | I will put Marvel Mystery oil in each cylinder and use non-ethanol gasoline. Will put Rotella 10W-50W oil in the crankcase. I have to weld a bottom strap on the battery box first. There was a new replacement that came with the truck, but the old one is riveted on. There is nothing else to repair except a broken tag bracket (done while loading onto trailer).
I am missing the little cover that goes on top of the coil, and for some reason that bugs me. I don't need another hobby, but I like this little truck. It needs a heater for sure (Harrison?). I don't have new points, etc, so I will regap the old ones after filing.
I will post pictures tomorrow when it quits raining. I hope I do it all correctly. I would hate to damage the engine in any way. The engine is free. I hate to work on it, as it appears no wrench has touched any bolt or screw on it.
The tires are Allstate by brand and look like new ones. No dry rot evident to the eye. Does that make sense for original tires? Paint is still on the rim edges.
The window regulators work like new with ease, as did the windshield opener. Everything is free. The truck had not been rained on since 1950 until last night.
How does one post pictures on this forum?
Jim | | | |
Entire Thread
|
37 Chevy with 19,600 miles
| Jim's Old Iron | 04/26/2015 8:57 PM |
Re: 37 Chevy with 19,600 miles
| Hotrod Lincoln | 04/26/2015 11:48 PM |
Re: 37 Chevy with 19,600 miles
| 46Sparky | 04/27/2015 2:05 AM |
Re: 37 Chevy with 19,600 miles
| Jim's Old Iron | 04/27/2015 2:33 AM |
Re: 37 Chevy with 19,600 miles
| Achipmunk | 04/27/2015 4:01 AM |
Re: 37 Chevy with 19,600 miles
| Jim's Old Iron | 04/27/2015 4:04 AM |
Re: 37 Chevy with 19,600 miles
| Hotrod Lincoln | 04/27/2015 4:25 AM |
Re: 37 Chevy with 19,600 miles
| EdPruss | 04/29/2015 3:00 AM |
Re: 37 Chevy with 19,600 miles
| Lugnutz | 04/29/2015 3:32 AM |
Re: 37 Chevy with 19,600 miles
| Jim's Old Iron | 04/29/2015 7:32 PM |
Re: 37 Chevy with 19,600 miles
| 46Sparky | 04/30/2015 2:25 AM | |
| |
| |