| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 434 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 434 | How does one go about repair/restoration on the vent doors behind the kick panels in a Task Force truck?
I would like to add new seals, but even better would be some blasting and painting as well....My doors seem to work fine (just the cable pulls were rusted so they didn't work). But at a minimum I would like to get new seals on them so I don't freeze out in the winter.
Having taken a look, my first thought is OMG, I am going to need a small right-angle air drill to drill out spot welds and pull out both the vent doors and the round inserts they sit in that look like they were slid into place and spot welded around the inside. I hope there is an easier way...
R-Bo
1959 Apache 1/2 ton Big Window, Short bed Fleetside (under reconstruction) 1966 GMC 305V6 in the family
| | |
| |
| |