| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,088 Posts1,056,373 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 375 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 375 | Good question. I don't think I have the answer but I do have some thoughts.
I tried Redi-Strip. It doesn't really get everything (air pockets). I found that it seeped out of seams long after I thought it was dry. I waited a year before I did the body work and there way 'stuff' growing out of the seams. It's expensive. Our local shop puts you behind his 'regular' business so it takes awhile. You'll most likely get it done by hand much faster.
I've tried media blasting shops. They damaged areas that I specifically asked them not to blast (like my new radiator). There was sand and crap in the vents and everything else. If the truck is completely disassembled, this may be the way to go. I personally take large separate items like doors, fenders, etc. to the blast shop. I think I'll strip the body the way you are.
I've also heard that some people like to scrape the paint off with a razor blade.
Let us know what you find to be the best method.
Jerry | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Strip,Sand, Grind, or Media Blast???????????
| flintriver | 05/31/2004 1:19 PM |
Re: Strip,Sand, Grind, or Media Blast???????????
| Jerry A | 05/31/2004 1:53 PM |
Re: Strip,Sand, Grind, or Media Blast???????????
| 64fleetside | 05/31/2004 2:25 PM |
Re: Strip,Sand, Grind, or Media Blast???????????
|
Anonymous
| 05/31/2004 4:20 PM | |
| |
| |