Forgot to mark this, so here's the deal. Got up the next day ready to take the fuel line apart to "jiggle it a little" like the PO told me he and the PPO would do, which would make it get fuel again. I got in and tried once just for the heck of it and it fired right up. Go figure. Either the ride on the flatbed jostled it loose, or it sucked water off the bottom of the tank, or maybe I flooded it, I don't know. Anyway, it started right up with 2 gallons of gas in it, and a ride on the big red truck. But when under the truck yesterday, I looked up and didn't see a rubber grommet where the fuel line comes through the cab floor, and I also saw a radiator type hose clamp instead of a fitting. The hose seemed to be pressed hard against the hole perimeter, and I don't like that at all, but just the idea that it's put together with the wrong kind of fitting, off center, at such a critical place kind of gives me the creeps. Visions of flaming gasoline leaks under my butt fill my head. So, I'm now going to put all missing 'real' parts on where they aren't. Funny thing about all this is, it's the second time I've had AAA carry it home for me since December, and it stopped about 100 yards shy of where they picked it up before. (Died and wouldn't start while driving down the on-ramp to the highway. Turned out to be a bad wire from the ignition switch to the ballast resistor). Anyway, thanks for the info on the sending unit. The gas tank is new, the hoses are new, and I'll bet the same goes for the sending unit, but no screen over that feeder hole in the bottom of the tank seems like a bad design. I'm wondering if a tank screen like the one in my old diesel Mercedes 300D would work in these tanks? All I know is, it runs, and it keeps me busy!
