Originally Posted by Beewrangler
Hello, I know this type of post has been beat into the ground but for some reason I'm having trouble searching the archives. I need to replace a front rim on my 1960 C-60 so I plan on doing both to a later year non firestone rim. Could anyone give me a quick idea as to what years I can use? I was thinking 1965-69? I don't remember. Thanks for any replies!

If you are looking for the 6 stud piloted rims, you have more options. That rim was used on many 60-70's era Chevy, Ford and Dodge School buses. Some are Firestone R5's, sometimes you get lucky and they are Wheel or Budd's. Sometimes old school wrecking yards use buses for storage, and they could yield your donor rims. Good luck.


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures