| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,117 Posts1,056,642 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 38 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 38 | Thanks for your input Iceberg. I checked the welds and they seem to be ok. My buddy who has a restoration business suggested I try the procedure outlined in the (please excuse my language!) Ford service manual for rear panel truck doors. Believe it or not, they suggest using 2 x 4 "shims" or wedges to be placed in the hinge as you slowly shut the door and carefully push on it to bend the hinge in small increments. I can't try that until I elongate the holes on the body to raise the door up on the side sill. I cant do that until it gets back up to the low 30's in temp as it's too cold to wrench in my garages. I'll keep everyone posted. | | |
| |
| |