| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,131 Posts1,056,369 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 A teacher, but always an apprentice. | | A teacher, but always an apprentice. Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 | I'm almost done the body work on my one ton. Ready to start stripping chassis and such. This truck will not be a show queen; I intend to drive it often. I did not intend originally to begin a 1 ton but I couldn't see a good truck go to waste. I will build up my 1/2 ton to be the looker. This is my question: as I am doing all the work on this truck and it is on a strict budget is 100 lbs of compression on all 6 pistons adequate to justify not rebuilding the engine at this time? The 1/2 ton's 261 was a little pricey to buy all the parts. I don't know if 235 is in budget now. It runs well enough and I think if I completely rebuilt the carb it would run even better. Thanks for your input.
| | |
| |
| |