Hi. I am new. Thanks for the privalege to participate. I am the soon to be owner of a 1949 6400 truck. I have lots of questions, but here is a few quickies. Is the cab the same as the pickups -i know fenders are way bigger. Is the babbit 261 swapable for say a standard car 235? Is there a good parts source for these. Everyone I check stops at a 1 ton. The wheels are 20" split rims with a 5 bolt pattern. What are my options there? I see tires from 175-400.00 and will have to do them myself as noone here wants to even discuss them. Thanks to any input. Hope to have a pic soon. It is now in a "hoarder" type garage, disassembled, with a 20" wall of crap on,in,and in front of it, so wish me luck!


If it casts a shadow it can be restored.