Still have the 216? Might get a bit tall for any thing but flat or gentle slopes. A 235 will love it. None of the early 3 speeds have a synchronous first gear, but most of the time a shift to 2nd will get you going from any thing that is not a complete stop. The 3.55 is a popular update, but it depends on how you use your truck. Mine still works. Hauls, and carries. The 4.11 is fine, and highway speeds around 60 to 65 mph are comfy. A bit noisy but the engine is just over 2000 rpm. Cheap Tach so I can't say for certain. About as fast as I want to stop. Brakes must be kept in good adjustment. Any faster, and I would consider, updating the MC and I might look hard at disk fronts. But I never need of a push much to consider time and money on my truck. Kinda fun for me.