Since this is not a daily driver for me I wasn't really
concerned with the importance of having a clock or keeping
a handful of presets, I simply have a toggle switch to
switch the power off to the cube.
In the inclement weather I don't drive her and in the summer a
week may go by when I'm to busy to go anywhere. When I do
take her out for a spin while I'm warming up the engine I
just take half a minute and set the 5 pre-sets. When I park
her like at a cruise night or show or where ever I might be
returning in a couple of hours, I push the off button on the
radio and leave the cube on. The draw of the radio in the off
mode is minuscule and it holds the pre-sets and the tach
doesn't seem to draw much either. Never had a problem and
I've even left it that way over night by accident, no problem
starting the next day with my stock 6v electrical system.
It all depends on how fancy you want to get.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL
Last edited by Denny Graham; 12/18/2014 1:36 PM.