| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (55shaker, Woodcmiami, Rusted Nut, Gdads51, CuzzFuzz, Still At It, 1 invisible),
156
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,138 Posts1,056,441 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 321 | Hi Everybody
I finally got "Howard Knapp" a 1953 Chevy 1 ton I purchased last winter into the spot in the garage where we can work on it...first order is to get it to roll safely. The rear main leaf spring is broken on one side, there is also another set of helper leafs over the top of the main stack. I wont be loading this thing with a "ton" of weight so I am wondering will a lighter set of springs (maybe 1/2 ton) fit on this truck? without a ton of modifications I am hoping.
Also can I lose the extra set of helper springs without any issues to the handling of the truck???
Any insight would be a wonderful thing.
MikeC 1951 Chevy 3800 1-TonHoward KnappIn the Stovebolt Gallery1948 Chevy 1-Ton (sold Nov 2017)1953 Chevy 1-Ton (sold 10/1/2016) | | |
| |
| |