I hope I'm posting this in the right place.
I'm doing some early planning for building my 52 3600. At this time I'm thinking of keeping it stock looking, but with some needed upgrades. I would like to keep the solid axles but add better brakes. I would also like to add power steering or a rack and pinion. For the power plant I was thinking of sixties era 327 Chevy V8. Trying to keep the engine looking like it did in the sixties. I would back the engine with five speed manual. Might get about 250 to 300 horse power out of the V8.
My question at this time is,
1. Do I or should I box the frame? If I'm only running 300hp would the extra time boxing the frame be worth it.
3. If I don't box it would a X cross member help stiffen things up?
2. How will the extra weight of the V8 affect the front ride height? I plan on using new stock springs.

A little bit about my abilities.
This is my first car build. My background is in mechanical design and machining. I have experience and access to welders, waterjet and all kinds of manual and CNC machine tools. I can almost build anything out of metal if it not too time consuming or too expensive. The one area that makes me nerves is body work.

Thanks you for thoughts,