From time to time I see the question or comment referring to the ugly sheet metal someone added under the jump seat. The fact is,it's original sheet metal in my picture.I cut the spot welds and removed it to repair a hole in the floor pan under it.I don't think Ive ever seen anyone post a picture of the under side. The panel is spot welded to the floor and slips under the seat riser where three bolts hold it.
sheet metal under jump seat
jump seat removed
bottom side of sheet metal under jump seat
floor pan under sheet metal
As you can see in the last picture,there are three weld nuts attached to the sheet metal.

Just wanted to share it with all you 1947.2 to 1955.1 suburban folks.

Tim


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"