Aww, I dont care what anyone else says about you guys! LOL! Yeah, do it right when it comes to the 3 point system and be sure to beef things up for safety.

Also, I like the idea of a bracket that comes up from the floor at the back edge of the seat pedestal and rises up to meet at about the seat bottom/seat back intersection rather than what I did and just bolted to the floor. Thanks to everyone who took my idea and ran with it. We all learn more that way!

So rather than just the hole in the floor coming up thru to the back of the seat pedestal, do that without modification, but then, make a bracket out of about 10 gauge steel that follows the seat pedestal back and has another weld nut on it at about the height of the seat intersection to bolt the belts to. Spot weld this bracket to the pedestal so it cant move. Happy to describe this better if you need. Its just another way of doing it, and it could be better in the long run, but I havent really assessed the difference myself.


Deve

1950 Chevy 3100 Deluxe Cab
1950 Chevy 3100 Standard Cab
In the Stovebolt Gallery
The Think Tank
More info and tips at Deve's Technet