Help me out Jerry, I need to sort that out in my mind.
Can you explain the mechanics behind the ignition wires lack
of performance at moderate to heavy loads vs normal throttle
settings? The only difference that I can come up with is the
change in timing from the vacuum advance at various throttle
settings or pressure differences in the combustion chamber.
A bad plug, maybe to wide of a gap or something like that I
think I could see effecting the ignition of the mixture.
Weak coil? Cap and rotor gap opening up or oxidizing maybe?
I suppose if they are carbon wires they could build resistance
and not allow a high enough voltage conducted to the plug
which might not fire when pressures are higher than that at
small throttle settings.
You the teacher, so put me on the right track, cus I've
experienced it before myself.



Thanks,
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Last edited by Denny Graham; 10/07/2014 2:06 PM.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL