| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,288 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 396 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 396 | I pulled it into the shop past week. Pulled the plugs and tappet cover. Squirted oil into spark plug holes and oiled the valves under tappet. After letting soak for a day, turned the crank via belt and it turns. EXCEPT the tappets are not moving nor the distributer rotating. Diagnosis: Timing gear has the cogs off in a section. My question. would it make much sense in swapping out the gear and the crank gear with stuff already in stock or should I just pull the engine and replace it with the running 216 which I pulled from my 51 pickup driver? My intentions are to get this panel running and then turn it over to one of you fellow Bolters to get it back to being "road worthy". I have my "Money Pit" pretty much Done and enjoying! Jerry
| | |
| |
| |