Quote
Originally posted by chevypickemup:
I just finished painting my truck (it came out ok for a beginner) & and was told after the job was done that my paint booth was not a good idea. I hung plastic sheeting around the garage to keep the dust & bugs out and the paint contained. I then used 2 box fans for ventilation. I'm now told the plastic sheeting could cause static electricity which of course wouldn't go well with a cloud of paint mist. Any thoughts on this.

Thanks
I'm doing mine in my garage, just like this. I've hung plastic from the rafters. The furnace and gas hot water heater are even in there.(on the other side of the plastic). As long as you ventilate, I don't think the mist is thick enough to cause any type of explosion. My concern is the smell [censored] off my neighbors...


fifty-one half-ton